Conscription: No (since 2004).
Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict: Signed (11 Mar 2002). Ratified (24 Feb 2010).
Voluntary recruitment age: 17.
Conscientious objection recognised for professional soldiers: No.
Military expenditure: 1.1% of GDP (data 2009).
1) The minimum voluntary recruitment age was 17 with parental consent.
2) Military educational institutions included the Beri Balogh Adam Secondary-school and Dormitory for Home Defence for elementary school students (boys and girls) had students below the age of 17.
3) There is no right to conscientious objection for professional soldiers.
1) Stop the voluntary recruitment of persons aged under 18.
2) Stop military training and abolish military schools for persons aged under 18.
3) Recognise the right to conscientious objection for professional soldiers.